From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:46:23 -0600
>The consequence of eating cooked is soon evident to me, with a damaged=20
>immune system,

To *you*.

What about the thousands of "paleo folks" who cook their food and yet have reaped tremendous health benefits despite cooking? Paleo-style eating is not new. Bodybuilders, whether they realize it or not, have long been fans of food choices we would now call paleo. (Just read some of the classic bodybulding guides from the '70's and 80's, prior to the high-carb fad).

>Would it have been apparent to paleoman with a strong=20
>immune system?

Before you can know about feeling good, you have to experience feeling bad. Youthful bodies tend to be very resilient (and given to experimentation). It's us older folk who notice the little things that result from bad food choices.

>the answer can be found at Gobekli Tepe.

Actually, no answers there yet. The site is still being explored, and there is apparently a sister site near it as well. We won't knw the "story" behind it for years to come.

What about Ohalo II in Syria where evidence of wild cereals being cultivated dates back 23,000 years?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/09/080919075005.htm

Also, the Natufians, who apparently tried not once - but twice - to abandon the HG lifestyle and becomes farmers. I doubt they tried because they were "stupid".
http://whyfiles.org/122ancient_ag/2.html

What's interesting, is both sites predate Gobekli Tepe. So, drawing a line in the sand at Gobekli Tepe is silly.