From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:07:44 +0100
On Aug 29, 2004, at 12:55 am, Tad Glines wrote:
> I concur with Pal H's suggestion. Limit your carb significantly and
> wait out
> the carb hunger. If creamed coconut and mince eliminate your hunger
> then eat
> more of those foods. Hunger is your bodies primary way of saying "I'm
> low on
> fuel". The creamed coconut and mince are high in fat and fat is a key
> source
> of energy "Fuel".
>
> On a side note: I find that I feel better when I limit my carb intake.
> The
> symptoms that are most likely to show up when I eat too many carbs are
> headaches, muscle tension, jitters and depression.

Pat/Tad

I've actually tried that lately.  I ate almost nothing but meat and
lettuce but I can't say it had a huge effect on me.  I suspect I was
getting too little fat though- I didn't eat mince or belly pork,
although I did have plenty of fish.  Later today I plan to make the
chilli recipe out of Neanderthin- maybe with a bit of pork lard mixed
in.  I might go back on my meat-and-lettuce diet if I can find a way to
significantly increase the fat content.  I will also be stricter and
carry it on for longer- people kept offering me tomatoes, apples and
pineapple.

I've read a lot about coconut lately, and apparently it has an
adaptogenic property that increases metabolism (the body increases
thyroid levels in response to anti-thyroid chemicals in the coconut).
I'm not sure if this is good or bad- my mum has a failed thyroid and
mine is slightly slow.  Maybe it is over-taxing my thyroid.  But I
think I'm getting used to eating it- at first it made me incredibly
gassy, but that's stopped now.  Don't know if it's because I'm eating
fresh coconut instead of the blocks or because I'm now producing some
sort of coconut-ase enzyme to digest it.

My reaction to carbs is different to yours, Tad.  If I over-eat on
carbs I start to suffer from hyperhidrosis (excess sweating).  I did it
to myself the other day eating dried fruit.  Never again!  I also get
spots all over my body.  I've never understood, though, why some people
like me stay thin and greasy on a high-carb diet, while others go dry
and fat.