From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:18:57 -0500
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:00:05 -0800, Kristina Carlton
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What kind of systemic enzymes do you take (brand) and for what reason. I
take digestive enzymes when I eat due to digestion problems, but I have not
heard of systemic enzymes.

I take systemic enzymes -- NOT digestive enzymes.  Systemic enzymes are
take IN BETWEEN meals as anti-inflammatories and purportedly to reduce
fibrosis ie fibroids for example or scar tissue.  I am trying a 6 month
experiment and will see if my small, symptomless fibroid has diminished at
my next check-up and to see if it helps reduce scarring in some recent
surgery I had.  The brand I take is Vitalzym.  I chose it because it
contains serrapeptase which is purportedly good at reducing fibroids and
scar tissue.  Another popular brand in Europe is Wobenzym but it doesn't
contain serrapeptase.  If you try systemic enzymes for severe tendonitis or
muscle injuries etc from working out, do not expect instant relief like you
would get with an NSAID.

The dose depends upon the purpose. For more info, check out vitalzym.com
and drwong.info

Hope this helps.