From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:13:15 -0700
On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:44:30 -0700, Craig Coonrad <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I've heard from several random sources in the past week that a
>"high protein diet is bad for the kidneys."
>
>Obviously too much of anything is bad for you...but I know nothing about
>this and suspect it is fear, uncerctainy and doubt being spread by the
>"carbohydrate establishment." :)
>
>Does anyone have anything to say on this?

This sort of thing - people's willingness and compulsion to spout opinions on
subjects of which they know nothing - reminds me of a discussion group message
I came across while doing a web search on Omega-3 eggs (which, of course, are
simply eggs laid by hens who are fed flax or purslane)::

>Subject: Omega 3 eggs
>From: Leah Hockenbrouch <lvh@xxxxxxx>
>Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 10:42:02 -0700

>I haven't tried them, but these sound like there may have been some
>genetic engineering involved in the process of "developing" these eggs.
>This type of product can cause health problems down the road because we
>have no idea what the repercussions (spelling?) of altering the genetic
>and chemical composition of an item are over the long term to the human
>body OR the environment.
>
>Leah

Cheers,

Ken

"... 99% of what people know was imparted from descriptions
other people have given them..." - David A.Lindauer