From:
Sheryl Canter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 07:28:17 EDT
<<I think .... the statement that nature intended us to die young is false.>>

Well, not "us", in general, but women.  I made that statement after reading a
Web site sponsored by a manufacturer of estrogen replacement therapy.  I've
since read information on other sites saying that (1) estrogen does NOT
protect against heart disease as previously thought, and (2) the relationship
between menopause and osteoporosis has been greatly exaggerated by the drug
industry (the ones making the hormone replacement pills).  Exercise and good
nutrition has a greater protective effect on women's bones than estrogen.
Vaginal atrophy can be treated with a topical cream.

     - Sheryl