From:
Mahesh Shah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 21:34:12 -0500
Hello Amadeus!
<<>>This made for me-70kg 500 grams cow-muscle per day
>>OR 550g almonds OR 400gs sunflower seed. We can choose or mix.
>Nut and plant proteins really are inferior to meat protein in relation to
>amino acid profiles.
Well, meat also hasn't all that good profile. It's
significantely worse than simple egg, for example.
Bader than a grain/legume combination.
And much bader than potatoes with a little egg added >>

What is the standard for comparison?

The use of eggs as the "gold standard" for ideal protein is archaic, based
on a study that was used by the egg industry as a marketing campaign at the
beginning of this century.

<<
Aren't there some studies of connections between protein (or meat)
consumption and kindey deseases? Anybody here knows? >>

The answer is very simple -- based on volumes of research. Any person with
kidney disease or failure is advised to go on a low protein diet.

Since Todd has posted on the use of protein as helping kidney disease,
perhaps he can put things in perspective -- how many research results in
favor of additional protein for kidneys versus less. I suppose it is always
possible that some unique pathological condition may exist where additional
protein is beneficial, but to draw of a general conclusion from that would
be fallacy. Cases of protein deficiency in the US are unknown unlesss the
person is anorexic or starving.

Amadeus -- wo leben sie?

Mahesh