From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 08:22:30 -0700
Hi Kerry,

  The only problem is that
>our food bill is already ridiculous, and the special meat costs even more!
>How do you do it?
I think that buying only real food is actually less expensive in the long
run than the boxes and cans of refined food that we bought in the past. We
used to buy a lot of bread, buns, canned and boxed everything, icecream,
cake etc.etc. and also go to fast food restaurants. Now we just buy meat,
vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds (rice and potatoes for those not paleo).
I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, but it is worth it!

  I'm sure that changing his diet would help, but he won't do
>that and it makes me so mad (and sad).
If you have him tested for celiac disease, (he will test positive with his
symptoms) he will be forced by the doctor to eat gluten free (and perhaps
casein and soy free).
If he doesn't test positive, then the test is faulty.

  I only clean with dish soap
>now, and I'm probably going to change to some special cleaner from the
>health food store (more $$ again!)
I have to make my own soap now.

I think it is easy to become deficient in almost any vitamin or mineral
>these days.
Our diseases are caused by malnutrition for sure!

 Certainly, this has contributed to some of my problems, and I
>am taking quite a few supplements (including vitamins A and E).
I am leary of them because a lot are made from soy and soy products are a
new 'frankenfood'. I read somewhere that a stick of celery or a salad has
more vitamins than a whole container of vitamins. The added ingredients,
binders, etc. scare me too.

  I have
>taken them for about a year, and my skin has improved dramatically-
I am glad they work. I think I should supplement my daughter who has warts
with the vitamins that you suggested but I would rather she ate properly.
(She has the worst case of celiac disease after me in the family.)

>addition to having rosacea, I am prone to all kinds of dermatitises and my
>supplements have made a big difference.
It took me about a year to figure out the grain-fed beef was the food that
was damaging my skin and I just found out about the almonds last week.

 The book I rely on for information
>on using supplements is Prescription for Nutritional Healing by James Balch
>MD and Phyllis Balch CNC-it is excellent and I highly recommend it.
Thank you!

All the best,
Susan