Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 19:57:44 -0500
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. I've been
interested in paleo eating for quite some time and have been eating "semi-
paleo" for several months, now wanting to take the plunge. I'm almost 23
yrs old, and want to be healthy now so I don't have to be as worried when
I'm older, I also wish to be a natural bodybuilder following a paleo
lifestyle. I'm working on reducing my bodyfat at this time, and have many
food intoleranced/allergies, severly limiting my diet. I'm lactose
intolerant (can't handle any dairy, butter, whey proteins, etc), allergic
to eggs, also have trouble with most fruits (particularly oranges which
bloat me, I learned citrus is a commen allergen), and even have problems
with spinach, kale, broccoli, and asparagus (fresh and frozen) NONE of
them sit well with me. I've tried atkins and similar approaches, and even
with 0 carbs, I can't handle fatty foods (bacon, marbled steaks, 80%
ground beef) They all bloat me and I progressively increase bodyfat with
them, even in the abscence of carbs and sweeteners. I can't handle
aspartame or sucralose products either. Since I've been eating like this
my sensitivity to "modern" foods is worse. Example, I eat oatmeal, and It
destroys my stomach. I can't use any protein powders b/c they do as well,
even aspartame free ones. So by default, I'm forced into a paleo type diet
not only b/c I truly believe in it (after all, the foods available
naturally are obviously what we're designed to eat) but also b/c my body
is so sensitive to foods and I can't lose bodyfat unless i'm extremely
strict. I will post more details about my prescribed plan, but wanted to
indroduce myself, and give the basics of my diet. Since I can't tolerate
any of the "natural" carbs that are paleo and I enjoy, I'm sticking mainly
with lean meats (top round/eye round steak, turkey, salmon, chicken) and
fish oils to balance out the n-3:n-6 ratios. Anyone try this type of
approach, and what were your results. Green beans are the only green
vegetable I can tolerate well and it's not paleo so I'm limited in
options.