From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 21:04:52 +0000
On Nov 03, 2005, at 4:17 pm, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Ashley > The way I see things, your mouth and stomach are the best
> guide
> to the ratio of macronutrients in your diet.
>
> Well, the exception is carbs.  Give your body a source of carbs and it
> will continue to crave carbs.  Eliminate carbohydrates from your diet
> and this works well.

Well since you should not be eating carbs (I guess you mean modern
starches) you can't blame your body for getting confused ;o)

This is why I like paleo, and why it is the best fad diet of all: it
requires no willpower beyond eating only allowed foods.  Other diets
(eg Atkins) allow bad foods in moderation- eg one slice of bread a
day is acceptable on Atkins.  But most people on Atkins are self-
deceiving, and convince themselves that 4 slices of bread now and
again (daily) is acceptable.

Ashley