From:
Fawn Bales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:12:53 -0500
>Paleo man would no more eat "ripened grain heads" than you'd chomp down
on
>a nice serving of freshly mown grass.  Grains were rightly considered
>starvation food at best.

This is true - and is why the Irish were forced to attempt to eat grass
during the potato famines.  They did not survive well on it, as most of
us know.  But I wanted to cover all bases - even the possibility that
goofy humans would attempt to eat something they saw their prey eating
out of desperation or curiousity.  Humans have a long history of trying
to eat all kinds of interesting things - flowers, grains, stuff dredged
out of ponds, etc. : )   Beats me how we ever even thought of eating
lobsters.

>If you're not familiar with it, here goes: The body considers
>grains, dairy and other foods not edible raw as foreign substances that
the
>body requires protection from.  The main way that's accomplished is by
>retaining fat.  Get rid of the offending proteins, the body no longer
needs
>the fat and weight loss results.
>Jim Swayze

That's a very strange theory - though I've heard stranger that turned
out to make quite a lot of sense once I had all the facts.  I'll have to
read into this further.  Thanks.

Fawn