From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:20:59 +0900
On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 05:24  PM, Christy wrote:

> Tom, how is the acidreflux now?  Has a change in quantities of exercise
> made a difference?

Hard to say. The medical info I saw says exercise is good for acid
reflux, though they don't know why. I was so tired from that virus
(parvovirus) that I had to give it up for a couple of months. The acid
reflux is about gone, but I am taking a drug too, so that is hard to
quantify either. Some foods make it act up reliably. One of the worst
is macadamia nuts (darn!) and other nuts but less so, also coffee in
any but small doses. Other than that I am back to about my diet from
before, just fewer of the things I was advised not to eat: citrus,
tomatoes, coffee, tea, mint, chocolate. At its worst I avoided all
these things, now I am eating a little of each. Fortunately meat and
most veggies never caused trouble. Lesson there, maybe...

I only felt fully recovered a day or two ago, jogged for about 15
minutes and felt OK. I will take it easy for a while to make sure
everything is back to speed. I hope to get some weight back too, now
that I am eating more or less normal quantities.