From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:06:21 +0900
> I'm not a big fan of antibiotics or any medicine and will rarely use
> anything, so I don't think that is much of an issue.

I was given them as a child several time, for very minor things, and a
dozen times or more as an adult.

Although I am curious
> if the antibiotics used in cattle can affect me from eating beef very
> often. After all, 70% of antibiotics made in this country are used to
> treat cattle, which need it from the problems caused from the grains and
> impurities that are fed to cattle to fatten them up.

I doubt it, the quantities are very small in meat. The antibiotics are
fed to cattle not to protect them from disease, but simply because
feeding trials show that they grow faster if fed antibiotics.

> >That is what I had. I followed the Atkins anti yeast program
>
> I've tried Atkins and similar approaches but I can't lose fat eating a
> higher fat diet,

I didn't lose much fat either, but my gut got a lot smaller on the
anti yeast program due to less gas. My wife was pretty happy, and
stopped complaining about my eating too much meat.  :-) I think I eat
too much fruit for Atkins to work well, it worked when I was really strict.

> This is a personal theory based on what I've learned, but perhaps being
> given soy milk as a baby would interfere with the production of good
> bacteria necessary to handle many foods, as well as a sluggish metabolism
> by increased estrogen and a slowing of the thyroid.

Babies naturally get a special lacto bacillus from their mothers
nipples, it lives there and is transfered to the baby when they suck.
If you don't breast feed some babies don't pick up enough of the right bacteria.

Other species pass gut bacteria other ways. Rabbit and iguana babies
actually eat their mothers feces.
Probiotics.