From:
John Holman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:53:42 +1100
> We could call them omnivores if we only look at
> what we give them but that would not be correct in my opinion. It's what
> they eat in a wild condition that is the correct way of eating.

I find it interesting that there is any doubt that wild dogs would have been
omnivores.  It seems to me that wild dogs, now and in the past, eat whatever
they are able to find, including animal dung, grasses and rotting veg and
fruits --not to mention the semi processed carbs from the stomachs and
intestines of herbivores. Now all that said I am no expert so maybe I'm
gonna learn something different.

John Holman