From:
John Wilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:46:15 -0400
Hi,

I am new to this list, but I had a question nagging at my brain for the last few weeks. Everyone seems to agree that the omega 3's in olive oil, canola oil, and coconut oil are very good for your health and you should eat them up. But how Paleo is this? I'm sure they didn't have these oils back in the day, so why should we eat them? The only reason I can think of for eating these oils is to balance out the current ratio of omega's that we get in our diet today. They say that the meat we buy at the store, and even in the organic food stores, does not have the correct ratio of omega's because the animals are grain fed and finished. Or even grass fed but then finished with grain. Is this why we need to "supplement" with the good fat oils??

Also, does anyone know of any good internet sites or places in general to get grass fed animal meat? The only place I have found is this site: http://www.naturalhub.com/buy_natural_food_in_usa.htm#BUY%20MEAT%20IN%20%20USA   But I cannot tell how reputable the sources are. Also, has anyone had any good experiences with their health from eating these types of meat??

Thanks,

David