From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 16:46:57 +0000
>Hi Everyone
>
>I got the results of my blood tests yesterday, as to why my periods have
>stopped.  My thyroid is normal, but it turns out I have Polycystic Ovary
>Syndrome.  My prolactin levels were normal, but the test showed that my
>ovaries were stuck at the point were they release the egg's, something
>about the FSH level.  I am not worried about the fertility problems this
>causes because I have never wanted any children or feel like I ever will.
>
>I have a few concerns, firstly I suffer with depression and I think there
>is a connection here, ie that I have hormonal imbalances causing it due to
>the PCOS.  I am going back to the dr's to talk it through and have more
>blood tests.

Mel; I think the diet will ba a great stabilizing influence in your
hormones. I would also do careful workups for progesterone levels, which
can be easily and naturally supplemented. Progesterone is normally produced
as part of the cycle when eggs are released, IIRC, and surely is a powerful
mood- and metabolism stabilizer, as it balances the effects of extra
estrogen.

BTW, I concur with your position re children. This is your decision, and it
is rare to be so proactive about making a good choice for yourself. Any
such decision will imply regrets, either way, but that is why it's "choice".

Cheers,

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!