From:
Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 20:22:15 -0600
>ALSO, if I feel I'm lacking veggies, is having a shake
>of a product like GREENS+ a good idea??

Not especially. They are very expensive for the nutrients
you get. A whole head of Romaine lettuce (organic even)
would cost far less on a vitamin-mineral-phyto basis
than a scoop or two of green algae sludge. If only
a shake will do, get the top-of-the-line juicer
and take the filter out. I heard that frozen bananas
whip up to a nice replacement for soft-serve ice cream.

  Blue green algae, came from the Myans, when their crops failed. They
scraped it out of their irrigation canals to keep from starving. One of the
head Profs. at U.T. was the one who discovered it and doesn't agree that
people should use it the way they do. It is a good source of vit. B12. Most
Spirolina heads like the B12 buzz it gives them, but at $20 a bottle, I
can't see it as the solution to world starvation as they claim.
     `