From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 2009 07:13:19 -0600
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 06:41:21 -0600, Kate McEwen <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Years ago I wrestled with the big portion/low calorie type of diet
> consuming
> mega amounts of boiled cabbage, carrots etc. to try to lose weight and
> guess
> what happened?  I starved, I craved, I had low energy!  You see
> low-energy-density foods actually do what they say on the packet!  They
> provide 'low-energy-density'!  Ingest some fat, even a small amount, and
> not
> only does the fat slow down the absorption of food, thus making you feel
> fuller for longer, it has a psychological satiety value which cannot be
> replaced by bucket loads of low-energy-density foods.  Furthermore as the
> process of absorption is slowed, carbohydrate induced 'sugar' spikes are
> reduced.

I agree totally.  It's silly to suggest that since fat has more calories
per
gram, that we can become deluded and eat too many calories of it (though
you see
these statements all the time).  How many people decide when they've had
enough to eat by how many ounces of food they have eaten? Answer: Only
people on bizarre weight-loss diets, and those are the ones who are
deluded, by filling up their bellies with low-energy-density foods and
shorting themselves on fat and protein.  However, the body figures out
pretty quick that you did not give it what it needed.  Been there, done
that.

	Lynnet