From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 11:23:26 EDT
In a message dated 5/30/01 2:09:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  recall reading (I think it was Eaton, but I'm not sure) that
 when they have been measured, cholesterol levels among
 contemporary hunter-gatherers tend to be quite low.  There may be
 HG groups with high cholesterol too, but I haven't heard of any
 yet. >>

There may be, but it seems that the whole concept is essentially irrelevant
to heart disease  The conclusion seems to be that there is no single cause of
heart disease, and that it is caused by a general compromise of the entire
food supply by man's intereference.

Charles
San Diego, CA