From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 23:01:42 +0100
I agree, we are going round in circles with the carb-haters/cooked-fat-lovers and cooked-haters/raw-lovers seemingly at odds. Anyway, I'm off abroad so there's little point in carrying on beating a dead horse.

Will just close with answers to the questions below:-

Lipid peroxidation(via ALEs) is a known aspect of food science  and referred to by many studies, plus it's now acknowledged that cooking oxidises fats(here's a standard paper on the subject):-

http://www.emeraldinsight.com/Insight/viewContentItem.do;jsessionid=24EA4D9B09FB5F0637D3679929022BA2?contentType=Article&hdAction=lnkhtml&contentId=1579208

http://tinyurl.com/nno4qa

The number of studies done on pemmican are, understandably, on the low side.

Re cancer:- granted, there are studies confirming every possible point whether pro-raw or pro-zero carb,as regards cancer with no definitive result(not that I  believe for a moment that a/the perfect diet leads to 0 % chance of cancer as there seem to be other factors involved as well).

Geoff
> Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:20:20 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Joint pains etc.
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Re: pemmican...
>
> Do you have any information that demonstrates that pemmican contains
> toxic lipid peroxides? Has anyone tested samples of pemmican and
> determined this? Or is this something you assume given your current
> beliefs about cooked fats?
>
> And there's as many theories about cancer as there are hairs on the
> human body. I would love a link to the study you cited. I'll trade ya
> for a bunch that link cancer to glucose and we can call it a draw. :)
>
> I am starting to feel like we're having a religious discussion that is
> going around in circles and accomplishing absolutely nothing bc we're
> both looking through totally different belief structures, if you will.

With Windows Live, you can organise, edit, and share your photos.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/