From:
Alison Whitwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 00:28:59 +1000
I was a veggie for 15 years. After the first year meat ceased to exist for
me. I didn't miss it, I  just didn't recognise it as something I would eat.
It would have been like eating rocks - you just don't do it.

The first meaty thing I ate was chicken liver pate. I sat and looked at it
for about one hour trying to get my head around the concept of putting it in
my mouth. The pate was on the plate already, what difference would it make
it I just moved it to inside my body instead of outside my body. I did
eventually eat it - the first meat for 15 years. IT was heavenly!!!!
Absolutely delicious. I realised then WHY people ate meat and why they
didn't really care for animal welfare. Meat is tasty!!!!

I've had lamb chops for dinner tonight and I thoroughly enjoyed chewing on
the bones!!!!

I've been trying to be paeloi for the last 3 years or so, after being
diagnosed with MS. It works for me. The only problem I have is with sugar. I
never used to have problems when I ate bread but these days I seem to have a
lot of sugar cravings. I can go for weeks without having any but if I just
have one little biscuit, or one tiny bit of chocolate I'm done for and end
up eating a packet of biscuits or a box of chocolates. It's an addiction, I
feel like an alcoholic. That one tiny bit of sugar sends me into a frenzy.
That's my only non-paleo weakness.

I'm happy without bread and without dairy.

I feel lousy when I do have those sugar binges but it just seems
uncontrollable.

Anyone else had a similar experience? If so, tell me how to get sugar out of
my life. I feel so much better without it. My MS is non-existent unless I
eat sugar or fatty rubbish. Potato crisps make my fingers go numb!!

Take care, Al