From:
Johnny Battle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:05:57 -0800
The study quoted doesn't impress me much. If the men went from 159 to
208 cholesterol, that just sounds like they went from a dangerously low
level to a fairly normal value. The anti-fat crusaders always imply that
eating a high sat fat diet will send your cholesterol through the roof.
Only very high levels and very low levels are associated (about
equally)  with higher death rates. We need some cholesterol in our
blood, so, in many ways the study is reassuring.

I recently got my own blood test results back. After 2 years on high fat
diet and the last nine months on a very high fat, low carb diet here are
my levels:

Cholesterol - 213, goal less than 200 (close enough :)
Triglycerides- 85, goal less than 200 (heh)
HDL (good chol.) - 63, goal is more than 35 (heh, heh)
LDL (bad chol.) - 133, goal is less than 130 (close enough)

I'm a happy (fairly paleo) camper.