From:
"Aaron A. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 17:20:47 -0700
Todd Moody wrote:

> On Mon, 10 May 1999, Ken Stuart wrote:
>
> > His conclusions are that the two major factors causing the diseases of modern
> > civilization are excess insulin and insufficient Omega-3 fatty acids.
>
> [...]
>
> Does Neanderthin correct the w-3 deficiency problem?  Again, it
> might or might not.  Available meats vary widely in their w-3
> content.  Many nuts tend to be high in w-6 fats.  Neanderthin
> does not require monitoring such things, so it is quite possible
> to have a Neanderthin-compliant that is too high in w-6 fats and
> very low in w-3 fats.

I was eating a lot of pecans recently.  I noticed that after a few days (for the
first time in my life) had my skin dry to an extent that the skin at the side of
my mouth actually cracked.  The skin broke.  I have always and consistently had
oily skin so that I never even understood why or how people could have dry
skin.  I know pecans are high in w-6 fatty acids and low in w-3 fatty acids.
Perhaps that is the reason for the effect.

Suggestions for a cheap and plentiful source of w-3 fatty acids?

Aaron A. Weiss