From:
tsayonah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 11:12:19 -0500
Ken Stuart wrote:
> This is why it is especially important to make a mental effort to go to bed
> earlier during Standard Time.

If I understood the book correctly, their premise was that
humans should be going to bed and getting up with the sun,
never mind what the clock says.  That works for us during
the summer months (bed around 9:30, up around 5:30, yeah,
we're old f*rts) but is absolutely impossible to mesh with
the work schedules the rest of the time.  During the winter
months, sunrise and sunset often happen during the commute,
and because he works inside a hospital, there are a few days
a year when he doesn't even see real daylight.  There would
be no way whatsoever to do as the sun and still get anything
else (like cook, farm chores etc) done.  Going to bed an
hour earlier wouldn't solve it; I'm not sure it can be
solved until we both retire or become independently wealthy
:)  Assuming, of course, that we do indeed need that much
sleep...

--
   Elisi Tsayonah, AniWodi, ghigau,
   St Francis River Band of Cherokee