From:
krosenth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:18:15 -0700
From: "Richard Geller" <[log in to unmask]>

> What I would do is bypass the softener at the kitchen tap, so you are
> drinking water that hasn't passed through the softener. Then I'd treat
> this water with a standard activated carbon filtration system for taste
> and odor problems and chlorine compounds. That is absent any significant
> problems like high iron content in your water.

That sounds like a good idea.  I spoke w/ the company that put in the water
softener earlier this week and they said that bypassing the kitchen sink
would be extremely expensive ...  I will need to investigate further; I'm
not sure they know what they are talking about re. plumbing.

Also, I will not get a water distiller.  Thanks again,
Kath