From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:44:28 -0700
> It is true paleo eating (what apes do).
> What *I* do i a deviation from true paleo eating,
> according to the given
> numbers.

Then why do it? It makes no sense to me to scour the
universe for "the truth", and then ignore it when you
find it.

> For all this reasons I cannot and could not (and i
> think did never)
> suggest a pure vegetarian nutrition as *the* true
> paleo nutrition.

I believe you have 'at least' implied it to the list a
numer of times. But maybe I was reading into your
statements something that was not there.

> I often argue against "heavy" meat or big meat
> "percentages" as it is my
> honest impression, that meat above a certain
> percentage
> (between say 2 to 20 percent) cannot have played a
> role in human evolution.
> This after years of intense working on the theme.
> It just doesn't make sense.

I think there is sufficient evidence for higher
percentages. But, those numbers may not be "optimal".
It's entirely possible that early humans ate 50%+ meat
may not have "had to" eat that much, but simply
preferred to eat that much.

> Except in the years from 40000 to 10000 BC, (upper
> paleolithicum) when
> some of our anchestry entered glaciated europe and
> must have had a nutrition
> based on meat and fat. Therefore i even have to
> accept a diet of 2 lbs meat
> and 1 lb fat per day as true and valid
> paleonutrition (without very much
> impact on our genetic developement). Animals are
> also required in deserted
> areas.

I stand corrected. Those humans "had to" eat that much
:)

> Paleo eating did not support my vegetarian way of
> nutrition, but it did
> help me very much in my vegetarian diet.

Good.

> We all modern humans have to agree in some tradeoffs
> between true paleo
> (living like Inuit or !Kung) and what's possible to
> be done.

True.

> If you have decided to be a meat eater, i hope you
> can derive fruitful
> conclusions out of this.

No pun intended? :)

http://invites.yahoo.com/