From:
Brenda lea martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 16:43:17 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/99 7:50:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Just as feeding a carnivore a vegatarian diet is cruel, you are
 disrespecting yourself by eating a diet that is not healthy.

 It is not possible for a human to survive on a vegatarian diet without
 technological intervention.  Not enough high denisity vegatable food is
 available year-round to support such a diet anywhere on earth.  Perhaps you
 should respect Nature a little more and pay less heed to "suffering is Good"
 theologies.

        I agree that it is the height of folly and arrogance to force
carnivores to eat veggie.  Most people except the most hard core Vegans seem
to know that some animal protein is necessary to a healthy human life.  How
much and for whom is where the health debate belongs.

        Increasing archeo evidence shows that that even our distant ancestors
of 2.5 million yrs ago had techno aids in food preperation, and probably in
food procurement.  What is wrong with technology in either food prep or
procurement--provided the quality of the food is not degraded?

        I really resent your unfounded assumptions about me and my
religious/spiritual beliefs.

        I came into this area asking for dietary help, not slander, and not a
 personal debate.  It seems that I have misjudged.

        And- - - Don't Should on me.

Rod