From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 01:22:57 -0500
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon wrote:

>         It seems I will be in a bit of a jam next month.  A ritual I need
> to perform has drinking cherry coke as one of it's requirements, and diet
> cherry coke just won't do, either.  What kind of retribution can I expect
> as my body deals with high fructose corn syrup after a summer without
> dealing with it except in very light doses in processed meats every now
> and then?

No one can with 100% accuracy predict the individual effect of forbidden
fruit consumption upon any individuals body. Things like nausea,
diarrhea, and disproportionately large amounts of fat gain have been
reported by NEANDERTHIN adherents in such cases. Hopefully you won't
experience too much discomfort. I just wouldn't want to be in your
place.

There is always the option of abandoning a set of beliefs that requires
you to sacrifice your well-being for the sake of another species.

Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Co-author, NEANDERTHIN: A CAVEMAN'S GUIDE TO NUTRITION