From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:53:33 -0700
>Well, I've never gone into a coma.  I have gotten extremely (read: almost
>killing) angry.  Then I have gotten so fatigued and woozy, I've laid my
>head
>down and cried.  Then I've fainted (walking or not).

I've never gone into a coma, either, but just one day of fasting puts me at
risk for seizures.  Until September, this only meant losing my ability to
read and speak for about 90 seconds (I had a benign malformation removed
from my left temporal lobe in '93).  But September's event saw me wind up
unconscious and in an ambulance before I "woke up" and I'm STILL dealing
with a $464 bill.  Without insurance, I'd be paying close to $2,000.

Disgusted with a picture of myself taken without my knowledge, I decided to
crack down and lose more weight, dammit, and fasted yesterday.  About two
hours ago, I suffered a seizure some seven minutes before my newscast (only
complex-partial, thank Godde).  Not my idea of a fasting benefit.

Translation:  If significant periods without food make you feel good, by all
means, enjoy.  But fasting may not be good for some.  One size does not fit
all.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

Find and compare great deals on Broadband access at the MSN High-Speed