From:
Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:03:10 -0500
From: "Jeff Keller"
> Similar, I assume, to the fact that normal cholesterol (under 199) we find
> out now is wrong (min. 180 to max of 240) is now the norm for more
> enlightened Drs.

Where did you find this ref range?

My TC dropped to its lowest after 6 mos paleo.  On a SAD diet in Feb. 2000,
it was 273.  In Apr. 2001, after more than a year of  LC, it had dropped 40
pts to 233.  I went paleo last May, and by Nov. 2002 it had dropped another
62 pts. to 171.  Maybe the original paleo people had "low" TC.  Who knows.

At least I don't have to argue with the dr. anymore about the statins he
always wanted me to take but I never would.  I don't necessarily subscribe
to the lipid hypothesis, but I don't entirely disregard it, either, since my
mother had high cholesterol and died of a heart attack at age 53.  Bummer.

Theola