From:
Phil Genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 16:15:42 -0400
Hi Everyone!

I just received an order of grass fed bison meat from the Texas Bison Company.
They included a bison cookbook put out by the American Bison Society, which
adheres to the methodology:

Take the most wild, clean game you can find and lets see how many artificial
ingredients can be added to really screw this stuff up.....

For example, the recipe for bison heart (which was  part of my order) is as
follows:  Place one sliced bison heart in crockpot and add stove top stuffing.
Cook until tender.

Which brings me to the point of this message - Does anyone have any
recommendations for a nice savory heart recipe?  Feel free to e-mail me
privately so we don't get into trouble being off topic on this list.

Also, if you are in Stowe, Vermont, go to Mr. Pickwicks English Tavern on
Mountain Road.  We had:  wild boar ribs, kangaroo kabobs, Vermont wild
partridge.  No kidding!! According to a recent post I read on this list, if I
just sit and eat there, I can live as long, or maybe longer than the ski bunnies
tearing up the slopes.  Ray, I think you should do a book signing there....

Well, time to go feed the chickens - 98 made it out of an initial 100 chicks,
and they go to the great Barnimum Bailey on Tuesday - Yes, they're free range
but we're held hostage - Peasants under glass!

Cheers!

Judy Genova, cavegirl whose getting wilder by the mouthful!

Please send recipes to <[log in to unmask]>