From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:13:01 -0700
>The problem is something to replace the breadcrumbs, flour, cornstarch,
>etc, that give the egg
>something to hold together to form the patty....

Does someone make and sell what follows? 'Cuz if they don't there's sure as
heck a market for it.

Ennyhoo, it's been a long time, but I've made my own almond milk by putting
water and raw almond meal (a.k.a. almond flour) in the blender and straining
the end result.  I then spread what's left would you call it pulp?) into a
baking dish and put it in the oven on 'warm' 'til dry.  THIS seems like
almond flour to me, not ground almonds, which are very heavy.  I wonder if
this would bond with the egg and be light enough to give the effect of bread
crumbs.

Seriously, HAS anyone seen this in a health food store?  I'd love to know
the nutritional analysis.  And should I take this idea to a food
manufacturer?  ;-p  'Cuz if it's not out there, I would!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO