From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:38:02 -0500
On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:27:50 -0500, Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>From: Amadeus Schmidt <
>> So, shouldn't we be able to find any IQ examinating study with data on
>> nutrition lifestyle? Lets look after some IQ tests. And see.
>>
>see:
>Scientific American article (October 1991) "Iron Deficiency" by Nevin S.
>Scrimshaw
>" Vegetarian diets are the number one cause of reduced IQ in children
>worldwide."
>
>Ray Audette
>Author "NeanderThin"

Hmhmmm Iron deficiency Mr Scrimshaw sees as a IQ endangering?
And scientific american publishes it?
And where is the relation of iron deficienty to vegetarian diets?
Where is DHA involved?

Where are the study's facts?

A quick and simple net-search
http://www.google.de/search?q=IQ+study+vegetarian
brought immediate results.

E.g.
http://www.pcrm.org/health/Info_on_Veg_Diets/veg_diets_for_children.html

"In a 1980 study in Boston, researchers measured the IQs of vegetarian
children. Some of the children were following a macrobiotic diet, a few
were Seventh-day Adventists (many of whom follow a plant-based diet),
and the rest were from families that had simply decided to go vegetarian.
On intelligence testing, the kids were considerably above average.
The average IQ was 116."

The average IQ should be 100.

Btw, surfing this, I encountered the IQ of American presidents.
The current has 91, the previous had 182. Well, it is a difference.
Should we suspect low DHA or low iron?

regards

Amadeus S.

BtwII. Re.Iron  did you notice my vegetarian iron levels.
They were at the upper end at last. Thanks god I donated blood lately.
I don't supplement.
Btw III: what I found surfing
"Moron" has recently been omitted from many dictionaries, as the term used
to mean 50-75 IQ (or 25 to 50 points below normal) but has evolved to a
derogatory insult. (My IQ at the age of 10 was tested 136)