From:
Mike Dilger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:50:08 -0700
I am leaving this list, after only 8 days.

The paleolithic diet has one thing going for it:  The theory is
scientifically plausible.  It makes a lot of sense.

But this list has little resemblance to sticking to the science.  In
fact, it seems more like people here trust themselves a great deal more
than any outside source of science.

Science is constantly subtly plagued with preconceived opinion.  Many
studies are inconclusive or have invalid results because the
experimenters had already made up their minds about what the outcome
should be.  Placebo is a huge factor.  You can convince yourself of
anything if you try.  If you hear people saying that pure sugar is
perfect energy, over and over, pretty soon it will just "feel" right to
you when you eat it.

So I caution you, and offer this advice:  Research.

Mike out.