From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:23:00 -0500
On Fri, 9 Aug 2002 07:04:46 -0500, tsayonah <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The news media, whom I no longer trust, have given me the
>idea that this is spread amongst cattle both by association
>and thru the feeding of recycled animal protein.  This is
>why eating "infected" beef can give people the disease.

This is the supposed main way of infections.
In most cows and humans.
Other ways are also known.
Injection of infected nerve tissue does lead rather shure to infection.
Tested in cats.
Offspring of infected cows also get it, with a chance.

> Am
>I being simplistic in thinking that this wouldn't have
>become near the problem it is if humans in their wisdom
>weren't trying to feed herbivores on animal protein?

Many think so and have written so.
E.g. Steiner has written in the 20ies that if a cow would be fed meat
"it would become mad".
(He also wrote about the effects of meat and plants on humans,
e.g. vegetarianism is only for humans doing certain disciplines - to be able
to cope with the additional powers which came from not having to fight the
animal essence in the food. While on the other side digesting plants is
more work for the body)  .. but that's a totally different topic.

For BSE I personally I see a main danger that an infections *circle* is
closed when animals eat (possibly infected) remainders of their own bodies.
Then in turn it's own body can infect other beeings.
BSE is a very slow infecting disease, these are the most dangerous ones.
They can infect a very big population (e.g. through such cirles) before the
real disease outbreak comes.

This is why ebola is less dangerous. It kills it's victims very quickly.
Less chance of spreading.
BSE seems to spread widely long befor symptoms are seen.

regards

Amadeus S.