From:
Karl McKinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 1997 11:28:52 -0800
It's the "ad libitum."  If you eat a high-calorie low-fat diet you are
eating an aweful lot of sugar and starch. When you cut out a macronutrient -
be it fat, protien or carbohydrates - you are going to replace it with
something else.  Eating all low-fat DOES have a possitive effect on people,
as they eat less calorically dense foods.  I condsider NeanderThin to be low
fat compared to what I was eating before.  The absence of soy-oil, lunchmeat
and dairy - not to mention other vegitable oils - makes NeanderThin fairly
moderate in the fat department, to be honest.  But my image of a fat person
is the guy who eats low-fat foods in large amounts.  It's not the guy like
me who goes into a restaurant and orders two meals.  It's the guy who orders
one meal (perhaps a large one), drinks a diet coke with it, and empties the
bread basket.  And that's how fat people really eat according to hotel
restaurant employees who notice what conventioners eat and don't eat.