From:
michael raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 03:19:02 -0800
William,

When I used to teach high school (science) a couple of
biology teachers kept frogs in their classroom and
would buy large quantities of crickets to feed the
frogs.  Once a year one of the teachers would take out
a hot plate and a skillet and fry the crickets with a
little cajun seasoning.  He would then walk down the
hall and offer them to students (and teachers) in the
other science classes.  I always took a sample.  I
just considered it a novelty.  I can't really recall
what they tasted like, especially with all the
seasoning on them, but he used to say "Tastes kind of
like chicken."

Mike

A reply on another list pointed me to this site:
http://www.survival.com/bug.htm
It's a good read.

Looks like termites are better than beef for fat, and
could feed the
whole
world's population according to another source.

William

Have a burning question?