From:
P & L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 09:59:23 -0500
Hi Erik.

Gee, I don't feel so alone now.  I haven't posted much since
I've joined the list, but you brought me out of hiding.

I have nice long list of foods that I also avoid.  I started
on the type O diet 2 1/2 years ago and saw much improvement,
but only when I eliminated many more carbo foods and became
more paleo did I show much more improvement.  I thought my
protein intake was too high, but according to the blood type
theory, O neg. needs more protien anyway.  I'd been vegan
for 13 years and had many problems and ended up at 95 lbs.
and was very ill.  Now, I'm around 108 lbs. (I'd like to get
back up to 120) and brave enough to break my rotation diet
and try a no-no (ham - non-organic, beef - mild allergy) at
my Dad's tonight.  I don't know about you, but I'm just
plain tired of carrying my meals food everywhere with me!
And it's been a a pain having to schedule trips and errands
around meals.  It's embarassing to dump your thermos on a
plate when everyone else is picking off a potluck buffet.

I feel for you - many of your reactions to food are similar
to mine, and the lack of variety has been depressing.  But
eating paleo has a way of fixing the fatty acids in your
brain so that a positive attitude prevails.  And to go from
not being able to reach up into a cabinet to back to hiking
the mountains - well, that's a plug for paleo!

Best wishes, and Kaplah! (Klingon greeting I use as I raise
a lamb shank in honor of the life-giving creature I'm eating
for breakfast.

Lois