From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:53:06 +0100
> "Dr. Stephen Phinney and colleagues from the Massachusetts Institute of
> Technology conducted a normal caloric intake metabolic ward trial
involving nine
> healthy, lean men.  These men consumed nothing but meat, fish, eggs,
cheese, and
> cream for thirty-five days.

He goes through a lot of theories around food but what he does not say here
in this passage is that cheese and cream are not paleo food. During the
evolutionary important time our ancesters did not have cheese or creme and
even if the saturated fat in dairy should be of the same kind as in meat or
coconuts there are also other substances in dairy that should be considered.
Growth hormones for instance. Kasein and laktos.

The people of Kitava that was examined by Staffan Lindeberg ate saturated
fat in the form of coconuts - not pressed oil. They had the blood levels of
westerners but did not have heart attacks, or ISH. In their case, saturated
fat did not seem to have the same affect as with us and the difference might
well be our habit of consuming dairies. They also ate quite a lot of carbs,
mainly fruit.

If I remember right it is the same with the French. They have more or less
the same blood results as the British but they don't die that often of heart
attacks. Some mean that this is because they eat at a less stressed pace and
some say it could be because of their wine drinking habits. And it may not
be the good things in wine that keep them well - it may be that they don't
drink milk with their meals.

Well, let's keep on searching for as many truths we can!
Eva