From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 17:01:56 -0500
> In Rwanda several 100,000 Tutsis, humans, were killed by Hutus, humans.
> Why? Impossible for us to imagine a justification for that.
> They justified it for themselves, I'm shure.

They justified it on the basis that the Tutsi, although a minority, had the
greater part of political and economic power and education.  I think it's
pretty common when we read headlines about tribal warfare in Africa that we
conjure some skewed notions about what "tribal" means.

I had a Tutsi student, Francoise, whose parents were brutally slaughtered.
Her father was an official with WHO.  The family had lived in Switzerland
for several years and the family was re-assigned home in time become
victims.  An uncle rescued Francoise and her older brother and sent them
here for safety and education.

To make an off-topic post relevantly paleo--Weston Price would surely have
photographed Francoise.  Great-looking, wonderful girl, and I remember her
gorgeous smile and teeth well.  My new Doberman puppy adores and cuddles
with the African bag/purse she gave me.

Theola