From:
Mary Rittenhouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 14:53:58 EDT
In a message dated 05/04/2001 9:33:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> . I have tried many diets. From Atkins to McDougal. I still feel tired
> on these plans. I am thinking the Neaderthin book makes a lot of sense. It
> advocates all the foods that seem to make me feel good when I eat them. I
> am sorry, because I am sure you have all discussed this before, but, how

Hi
I am new to the list too. I started Paleo in March of this year.
I was formally on Atkins. I was 200 lbs when I started Atkins and I lost 55
lbs on it. I had been on Atkins for 3 years and lost the majority of the
weight during the first year and then maintained. I have lost 5 additional
pounds doing paleo...but I am trying to limit my carb intake. I try to limit
fruit to lowcarb choices. But...I can honestly say that I do not COUNT carbs.
I am doing this for my health more so then to get to my goal weight...if
Paleo gets me there that is a bonus. I have increased my exercise routine and
I seem to be losing inches more so then pounds. I  go to the gym 3x's a week,
Tae-Bo 2-3x's a week...and if I don't get to these activities I walk.
I am very happy that I switched to paleo. It was so funny when I ate my first
orange...it was like candy I felt absolutely evil!
Mary