From:
Christy ten Broeke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 09:11:58 +0100
I've got a bit of an unusual question here.  When eating more or less
strictly Paleo both my son and me found our stool to change color.  It
turned quite pale after some time.  We figured it must be because less
red bloodcells came into our waste.
Now with Christmas we've been pigging out on all sorts of traditional
foods here (and they did not agree with us anymore!!) and the usual
color came back.
What in a Paleo diet would cause this to happen?
If fewer red bloodcells are discarted does that mean there are less?  If
so that would be bad and also hard to believe.  Eating meat that
contains iron in fact should be good for this.  Does it mean less of
those cells are destroyed for some reason?
It is hard for me to see if I'm feeling bad because I am still on
medication for the kidneyinfection or is something missing in our
diet?   The amount of supplements we are taking now is BIG.  We both
take fishoil, codliveroil capsules, MSM, selenium, multi-vitamins and I
take acydophilus to restore some of the intestional flora that is killed
by the antibiotics I'm still on.  All this should cover any shortages
there might be in our diet.  And only because we are not able to obtain
the food our ancestors had access to.
Still, it worries me a bit to see this pale waste product.  Does anyone
have any ideas where it might come from?

Christy 'beginning her baking for New Years Eve now'  from the
Netherlands