From:
Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 14:15:05 EDT
In a message dated 5/21/1999 12:39:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< How do you reconcile in your own logical mind the 2 following facts?

 1Mother's milk is known to have low level of proteins and humans are growing
 at the biggest rate of their life while feeding on it.

 2humans adults are said to thrive on a hight protein diet.

 and thoses 2 other facts

 1Humans milk is rich in lactose (sugar)

 2Lot of adults don't do well with high carbonhydrates intake

 something in me is missing in me to get around that. Help!

 Could it mean that we need sugar to grow tissues and proteins for
 maitenance?

I'm no expert on this, but right off the bat you have two completely
different types of organism here - an actively growing infant and an adult
that is not growing to any extent.  Just this should dictate differing
metabolic processes, no?
Holly