From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 21:19:14 +0100
At 15:17 2000-01-08 -0800, jean-claude wrote:

>1st:  i didn't  know that sweet potatoes were of american origine i thought
>it was coming from asia ( are you sure?)

Now I am sure!  See recent post from Don Wiss!

>3rd there is tons of plants here that come from Europe ( and recently) that
>are  wild here and eaten by the wild life . And they seems to have adapted
>to them without apparent ill effects and some of those plants are rather
>appreciated  by the deer..

That is no evidence. This can be due to that their instinct does not
work correctly with foreign foods. And You can not say anything sure
about the health of the deers unless You study them carefully for a
long time, and examine all dead ones, and compare with a population that
eats only american food. It is also possible that the deer in fact
inherit from Asia and are a bit foreign to american food.
I am critical here because I want to understand how food instinct *really*
works.

>4 th is a point that i stress very often , instinct don't protect you
>against cooked food it just don't have the ability to recognise the chaotic
>organisation of a denatured food. Instinct don't limit itself to food that
>have been known for generations, it is open to learn new information the
>body metabolism will decide if the experience is favorable or not and will
>transmit to the instinctive function if it is something worth it to be
>reproduced or not.

This is what You say, it can be right, and it can be wrong. I need
more evidence from other research also.
(I know You have Your practical experience, but in our perception of the
world, our wishes are also involved. We see what we want to see.

- Hans