Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:09:29 +0200
> one started at 2 months
>to introduce all kinds of foods from dry shrimps or salmon or meats to nuts
>(prechewed)

If you decide to pre-chew food make sure the person chewing it has very
clean healthy teeth. A human's bite is worse then a dog's bite according
to medics. There are bacteria living in our mouths that can cause the
most horrendous infections after a bite.  I truely believe that when
eating Paleo a persons teeth get healthier as well. Some of us
(including me) on the list have already discovered less placque (sp?)
and cavities so that seems to indicate a healthier flora in our mouths.
I find certain toothpastes unbearable lately and taste the chemicals in
there plus the sugars.  Does anyone have a good idea about dental care
Paleo-style? Last year in Africa we had a few branches of the famous
tree that indigenous people use for their teeth. Beside the chewing on a
little stick that forms a brush there was a substance in the tree that
left my teeth cleaner then ever before.  It was amazing to feel even
cleaner then after a visit to the hygienist.
So pre-chewing still is a wonderful option in my mind, just please make
sure you are healthy.

Christy