From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:19:06 +0900
Paul Sand wrote:

> BTW I just remember 1-2 years ago I tried for a while eat only saturated
> fats (no fish oils, flax, etc). When I had my cholesterol checked it was
> high (250) but the LDL/HDL ratio and triglycerides were perfect.
> When I eat mixed fats my cholesterol gets below 200 but the ratios are
> worse. So the question which situation is better ?

I have exactly the same question. I went from being around 200 or
below for years before starting Atkins and shooting up to 252 after 4
months. Since then I have gone more paleo, cutting out most milk and
cheese etc. It was a surprise though, after having low numbers so long
to get such a rise. Unfortunately the red cross doesn't divide out HD
and LD cholesterol or Tgs, so I don't know how bad or good that was.

What is the best way to raise HGs? Lower LDs and Tgs? I jog a lot and
take fish oil. Is that enough?