From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 10:27:49 -0700
On Sat, 3 Aug 2002 11:00:09 -0600, Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>This puts to bed (as it were) the sentiment that s-e-x
>before marriage is due to the influence of Hollywood, rock-and-roll or the
>general moral decline of the human beast in today's eee-vee-il, horrible
>world.  True, tribal females get married almost immediately after menses
>and, thus, no "illegitimate" births but they, and their male counterparts,
>were still fooling around before the 'M' word.  The act of love is as old as
>mankind and nothing to be ashamed of.

Just as you should not allow Dr. Ornish to tell you what "diet" is, just
because he is on TV, in the same way, you should not allow TV "religious"
people to tell you what "morality" is.

Similarly, just as you not allow your 85 IQ neighbor to tell you what "diet"
is, in the same way, you should not allow your 85 IQ neighbor to tell you what
"morality" is.

If you look at the Bible - for example - you will find polygamy practiced by
the religious leaders.   I don't think they had many wives in order to open
their own hair salon. :-)

If you look at the 10 Commandments - for example - there is nothing in there
about having less sex, or being less sensual.   Rather, the commandments are
all about being nicer towards other human beings - not stealing their stuff or
killing them, etc.

The actual moral decline we find today is not that there is more sex, but that
the average person is more inclined to have their entire philosophy summed up
by " looking out for number one ".

--
Cheers,

Ken