Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:57:11 -0400
Day, Wally wrote:

>> They were wiser.
>
> Perhaps. But they were also slaves to whatever their environment
> provided them. You try to make it sound like eating raw was a choice
> for them.

So are we, and our environment includes all the pollutants, taxes etc.
of civilization.
Of course eating raw was a choice, they had fire and were just as
experimental as we. Tried it didn't like it.

> If they were wiser/smarter than we, and had the choice to live a
> particular lifestyle, then what do you suppose caused them to "fall"?
>  The obviouse answer was that they became agriculturalists. But, is
> that the cause or the result?

Gobekli Tepe might have an answer, and we might have to dig it out for
ourselves as it sound like some are sweeping it under the religious rug.
The date and mention of global floods/Ice Age are interesting.
http://www.megalithic.co.uk/comments.php?op=Reply&pid=25646&sid=14968&mode=&order=&thold=
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/gobekli-tepe.html
  I don't know what caused them to leave the leisurely life of
hunter-gatherers and take up the grinding toil of agriculturists;
neither does Dr. Schmidt.

William