Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:02:38 +0200
Jim Swayze wrote:

>He found "nothing diagnostic" from the test.  That was good news.  But
>there was one thing: I have a slightly larger than normal heart
>(cardiomyopathy).   So rather than being indicative of a problem,
>could it actually be a GOOD thing?
>
>He did mention that it might be slightly overized since I used to be a
>competitive runner, but that was 18 years ago now.

Sheesh, any dr knows that a person that used to sport a LOT can have a
sportheart. A slightly enlarged heart cold be the result of that.
If you really want to know if your heartsize is due to that you might
want to ask another cardiologist.

>Thoughts?

The weirdest thing happened just now when I was writing the above.
Knowing the American society as it is with sueing eachother etc I found
myself not speaking as freely as I'd do here in my own country.  I've
been to the USA a few times and was astounded by the way people dodge
giving advise or even lending a hand to avoid legal responsibility. I
believe it to be one of the reasons society is goign as it is now.  Now
in thinking about your heart and what it could mean I feel not free to
speak my mind just in case...
Very uncomfortable and disturbing to me.  I remember being on board an
American airline and having a huge headache. The stewardess refused to
give me aspirine in case I'd get an allergic rection or something. The
woman sitting next to me gave me one of hers but I had to sign on a
napkin I'd not hold her responsible for anything.... sigh...........
Time to bring back the Paelo communities where people need eachother to
work together for their survival.

Christy