From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 16:56:31 -0700
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 17:32:14 -0500, Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]

You are missing the point.

Do you go to bed an hour earlier on all the days after Daylight Savings Time
changes?   No.   I don't know anyone who does.   If they go to bed at 11pm DST,
then they go to bed at 11pm Standard Time.

BUT, during Daylight Savings Time, "noon" and "midnight" - ie in terms of the
earth and sun, are at 1pm and 1am.

So, after DST changes to Standard Time, the sun IMMEDIATELY sets one hour
earlier.   At that point, everyone is automatically going to bed an hour later,
because they do so according to the CLOCK, not according to the earth and sun.

This is why it is especially important to make a mental effort to go to bed
earlier during Standard Time.

--
Cheers,

Ken