From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:15:14 -0700
On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 02:15:07 -0400, John Wilton <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>How then are we supposed to eat as close to paleo as possible?
> I don't have the money for grass-fed beef, so should I just eat fish?
>As far as fish-oils, obviously this isn't paleo,
>but is it okay to substitute this for the lack of the grass-fed beef in our diet?

What do you mean by "okay" ?

It's generally accepted by those who actually do some research, that in terms
of overall health, it is beneficial to take fish oil capsules when the fish oil
has had the toxic metals screened out before packaging.

Whether it is "paleo" to take any capsules is a matter for debate.

As just described in this list a few days ago, another method is to eat
"Omega-3 Eggs".   These are created by adding flax seed to the feed of hens,
and taste the same.   The ones available locally have 225mg of Omega-3 fatty
acids per egg, which is roughly 75% of the average fish oil capsule.   So,
eating 2-3 of those every day for breakfast goes a long way towards balancing
your Omega-6/Omega-3 fatty acids.

PS  "O3" is Ozone....

--
Cheers,